Parts Counter Salesperson
Parts Counter Salesperson - Job Description
The Parts Counter Salesperson represents the company to its customers for the purpose of selling parts and other merchandise. The Parts Counter Salesperson records and tracks merchandise and maintain inventory control system.
Typical duties include:
- Assist customers by properly identifying needed items through inventory system.
- Resolve customer's needs and problems promptly.
- Make necessary entries to inventory controls systems assuring proper records are kept with current pricing as well as the recording and entering of special orders.
- Promote preventive maintenance service specials and help educate our customers on how they benefit from them.
- Participate in inventory counts.
- Participate in part returns as needed.
- Assist in verifying cost, price, and totals of parts invoices and repair orders.
- Maintain knowledge of current product information through bulletins and catalogs.
- Return all unsold merchandise immediately to the correct stock location.
- Assist in housekeeping of counters, aisles, shelves, shipping/receiving and warranty areas whenever possible.
- Deliver parts to customers and vendors as directed.
- Keep current on manufacturer's terms, discounts and special programs.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to company safety program at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Six months related work experience.
- Ability to set work priorities and work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Capable of communicating clearly.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
We are looking for a strong team player to join our company to help us gow with our customers.