Parts Manager - Job Description
The Parts Manager represents the company to its customers for the purpose of selling parts and other merchandise. Manages parts operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Part Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable parts sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel.
Typical duties include:
- Develops and maintains effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Creates annual Parts Department goals and budget, in alignment with the s financial and operational objectives.
- Develops and executes Parts Department marketing plan and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Conducts a perpetual/annual physical inventory of all parts and related inventories
- Submits all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Maximizes use of all order discount programs.
- Recruits, hires, develops and retains key talent by maintaining a crrent Internal Depth Chart, Recruiting and Hiring Plans and individual development plans.
- Maintains all department tools, equipment and vehicles in good working oder.
- Minimum 3 years experience n Parts Department operations.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Ofice and internet functions.
- Ability to speak effectively one-on-one and within a group.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Deartment operations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
We are looking for a strong team player to join our company to help us gow with our customers.