Precision Farming Technician
Precision Farming Technician - Job Description
We are looking for a highly qualified technician who will be responsible for installing precision farming component on agricultural equipment and providing support to customers. The person also needs to be able to work well with others and enjoy being task driven.The Precision Ag Technician position consists of performing repairs and maintenance on various types of AFS equipment.
Typical duties include:
- Work with Operations Manager to develop and execute AFS precision farming marketing plan.
- Work with Sales Staff on AFS precision farming sales and on independent sales within the dealership's assigned territory.
- Provide upper level support, phone or on-site to branch personnel or customers on issues above their capability.
- Specialist relative to the entire AFS product line.
- Provide training sessions for dealership personnel and customers at clinics or other dealership or branch events. Arrange for an AFS precision farming field day to showcase AFS precision farming products.
- Handle customer satisfaction issues related to the AFS product line.
- Control and keep track of AFS precision farming inventory, working with branches or inventory requests.
- Work with sales staff on AFS precision farming demo program, especially on new tractor deals.
- Keep current on AFS precision farming product offerings, attending training as required.
- Work with the CIH AFS precision farming regional specialist.
- Other duties as assigned by functional manager.
- Knowledge of GPS systems, both guidance and yield monitoring with emphasis on Case IH offerings.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills. Ability to work independently or side-by-side with a service technician or sales representative.
- Ability to use computers for troubleshooting and updating systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook, and Google Gmail for communications and training.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Working knowledge in agricultural related sales, service or other related work.
- A degree with an agricultural/GPS related major or equivalent experience.
We are looking for a strong team player to join our company to help us grow with our customers.