Service Manager - Job Description
The Agriculture Equipment Service Manager manages service operations within the dealership to maximize return on ivestment through; optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, gowing profitable service labor sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel.
Typical duties include:
- Develops and maintains effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer
- Creates annual Service Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and
- operational objectives.
- Develops and executes Service Department marketing plan and monitor monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Takes the lead in sharing best practices and implementing common processes throughout the Service
- Coordinates customer clinics, field days and related, promotional events.
- Submits all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Recruits, hires, develops and retains key talent by maintaining a current Internal Depth Chart, Recruiting
- and Hiring Plans and individual development plans.
- Maintains all department tools, equipment and vehicles in good working order.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Service Department operations.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to speak effectively one-on-one and within a group.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
We are looking for a strong team player to join our company to help us grow with our customers.