Service Technician - Job Description
The Agriculture Equipment Service Technician position consists of performing repairs and maintenance on various types of agricultural equipment.
Typical duties include:
- Performing service tasks in a professional manner as assigned by the Service Manager.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis, repair and service equipment.
- Inspection and preventative services (fluids, lubricants, safety items, batteries, brakes, steering components, generators, starters, water and fuel pumps, etc.)
- Perform engine and fuel system diagnostics and repairs, replacing items as necessary.
- Perform hydraulic and electrical system trouble shooting and repair.
- Keep abreast of changes in models of equipment sold and serviced by the company.
- Prepares proper documentation of repair work and time management for billing purposes.
- Practice and enforce company safety policies at all times in support of the company-wide accident
- prevention program.
- Market service department campaigns and participate in demonstration programs to achieve budget
- projections and help drive customer revenue.
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, diagnostic
- software, cranes and rigging equipment.
- Diesel technology degree, certification, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean MVR.
- starter that is organized and personable with a strong work record, good communication skills, and a passion for working with people.
- Must have own tools.
We are looking for a strong team player to join our company to help us grow with our customers.