Service Writer - Job Description
The Service Writer acts as the intermediary between agriculture equipment customers, manufacturers, and technicians.
Typical duties include:
- Assist in preparing price sheet for all repair orders.
- Assist in creating work orders and establishing customer files.
- Help determine appropriate charges for materials and labor for each customer or internal account.
- Assist in parts inventory control by assuring all items leaving the parts area are properly billed.
- Review and maintain all repair orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with all warranty claims and manufacturer claim forms.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date and organized service library of bulletins and reference material.
- Process records of parts requisitions, parts invoices, material invoices and outside labor invoices to ensure proper accounting.
- Communicate and coordinate work schedule with Service Technicians accordingly.
- Assist customers with repair and service orders.
- Assist in scheduling and rescheduling of service work.
- Assist in resolving work performance or billing inquiries as requested.
- Keep service manager informed on all special parts orders, shortages and malfunctions.
- Ensure every customer is satisfied with the products, services and support of all staff.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to company safety program at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer degree in management but not required.
- Two or more years’ experience in Service Writer position and/or (service department or parts department) Ability to communicate instructions clearly and concisely.
- Familiarity with agricultural equipment preferred.
We are looking for a strong team player to join our company to help us grow with our customers.